August-October Calendar of Ovarian Cancer Awareness Events
Post date: Aug 26, 2012 1:42:41 AM
August 28: Achieve Fitness, Aiken, SC
August 28: Billboard erected in Jackson
August 30: Hung bows in Aiken
August 31: "Turn the Fountains Teal" in downtown Aiken. 3:00 PM at Newberry Street Fountain
August 31: Bows hung in Jackson
September - month long activities:
* HealthSource/Dr. Hopkins is sponsoring Gail's Anatomy. All new patient fees will be donated to Gail's Anatomy at the end of the month.
* Target in Summerville focusing on Ovarian Cancer Awareness and will have several fun and informative events for their team members.
* Target in Aiken focusing on Ovarian Cancer Awareness for their team members.
* Lamar Advertising in Augusta, GA donated space on several electronic billboards in the Augusta area to support Ovarian Cancer Awareness. Map of locations posted below.
* Water fountains turned teal in Downtown Aiken
* St. John's United Methodist Church fountain turned teal
* Banners displayed on Atomic Road in Jackson
* Teal bows displayed in Jackson and also at several intersections in downtown Aiken
* Pop Warner Football in Grovetown players and cheerleaders wore teal during their debut games.
* Desserves in Aiken offering Teal Ribbon cupcakes. Check out their menu at www.desserves.com and call 803.502.2400 for larger orders.
* PowerCuts Salon and Spa on Laurens Street in Aiken focusing on Ovarian Cancer Awareness and have our t-shirts available for clients
* Southern Glamour in Jackson sharing ovarian cancer awareness information, taking orders for our t-shirts, and has teal bows available
* Carolina Cuts in Jackson sharing ovarian cancer awareness information, taking orders for our t-shirts, and has teal bows available
* Town of Jackson has teal bows available for residents - donations to Gail's Anatomy accepted
* Window display on The Alley in Aiken at Aiken Downtown Development Association sponsored by PowerCuts Salon and Spa
* La Dee Da in North Augusta focusing on Ovarian Cancer Awareness and has our teal t-shirts and bookmarks available - and also beautiful teal bows available for donations
* Handy Hardware in Beech Island has teal bows available for a donation and also awareness information
* Dr. Charle Wyont will have ovarian cancer awareness information available for his dental patients.
* Aiken County Council has bookmarks and t-shirt ordering information in the reception area.
September 5: Business Networking International - 60 seconds for Ovarian Cancer Awareness
September 6: Houndslake Country Club, Aiken, SC
September 7: National Wear Teal Day - show your support and WEAR TEAL :)
September 8: Pop Warner Football debut games - Players and cheerleaders wore teal
September 20: Town of Jackson Bingo Night - Gail's Anatomy provided prizes donated by local businesses and friends - and also dessert
September 25: Achieve Fitness, Aiken, SC
October 11: Jackson Middle School "Think Pink" pep rally and last game of the season
October 20: Hook & Cook Festival, Jackson, SC